Sunday, November 6, 2011

The one where my little boy turns ONE...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOPER!!
Happy 1st Birthday to my favorite little man Cooper! It is hard to believe that one year ago today I woke up not feeling well on our moving day. I called the doctor to verify that what I was feeling almost 5 weeks early before my due date was normal. They had me go in, just to be certain everything was okay with me and the baby. So my dad took me to the hospital so Josh could coordinate the move with our awesome friends that all helped. No way in 100 years that Josh, me or my dad thought I would be having Cooper that day. As we drove to the hopsital the what I thought was cramps, started getting worse and worse... In the back of my mind I am thinking, I can't be having contractions now....

So we get to the hopsital and Dad drops me off at the front. I can barely stand up from the pain and the fact that I have been throwing up all morning, I am slightly weak. They ladies at the front get me a wheel chair and dads wheels me back to the labor area, drops me off and is asked to wait in the waiting room. The first few nurses that come in don't really tell me anything, they just get me hooked on IV's to monitor the baby. Another nurse comes in checks me out and tells me that I am in labor and that the baby's head is down (which is good!!). Since I am early, they give me a round of some medicine to try and stop the labor. At this point I am freaking out. Josh isn't there. I don't have my cell phone (What am I supposed to do without my cell phone??)  and my dad is in the waiting room. My  blood pressure is probably soaring. I kindly ask the nurse to find my dad, the one in the UCF sweathirt that I bought him for Christmas a few years back. So Dad comes in. I ask him to call Josh and tell him we are going to have the baby today. My dad is very calm (at least it seemed that way to me). He calls Josh, who also seems collected. He is with a few of my girlfriends who calm him down and tell him that labor typically is long, so we had some time. After 45 minutes of trying to stop the labor, it was unsuccessful. The on call doctor comes in and checks me out and tells me that it isn't the babies head, it is his BUTT. What does that mean I said?!?! (everything you learn in child birthing class, goes right out the window) It means we are going to do an emergency C section at 12:00pm, you might want to get your husband here. If I wasn't freaking out before, I am now. The doctor tells me that last thing to develop in the baby is their lungs and that there is a chance they are fully developed.... AHHHHH,what?!?! Where is JOSH!!! Then they start asking me for my pediatrician information..... I am crying even more because I don't have that yet. He isn't supposed to be here until December 9th!! Josh gets to the hospital pretty quickly since he was at our old apartment around the corner. He always has a way of calming me down.... well he and that epidural. Josh is at the hopsital about 30 mins before we are headed back to the labor and delivery room.

Right after the epidural :)
The C section was pretty quick. Josh got to watch everything, me not so much, they put up a sheet in front of my face.The pressure was pretty intense. But a few minutes later, Cooper came out screaming. So it seemed like his lungs were OK!! Josh got to see him first and all he could say was he was beautiful!! I didn't get to actually seem him until he was cleaned and measure. The little guy was 6lbs 4 oz. That is the size of a normal baby. We all think the doctors got my due date wrong. There wasn't anything wrong with him. He was perfect and so healthy!! It is funny, because I would always say to my mom, I hope he comes Thanksgiving weekend, so all the family would be here. Well he listened on the coming out early part!! My mom was already in route to Atlanta and my dad was already here to help us move. Josh's mom, brother and cousin were able to come up late Saturday night. It all worked out!

One year later, it still feels like it was yesterday. It feels like I just blinked and he isn't a baby anymore, he is a little boy. It is so hard to imagine our lives any different. We are so blessed each and everyday to have such a happy, health and good baby. Cooper you are our little handsome miracle and one of the best things that has ever happened to us!!! We love you!!! Happy Birthday!!

!

Our first family photo coming home from the hospital
 






Love

1 comment:

  1. Awwww Allie I so Love all that you wrote about, and I'm so happy we all could drive up that night to see my very first grand baby......And you certainly have such wonderful family and friends the day while your having the baby they moved you into your new house.....Hugs to all of them !!!

    ReplyDelete