Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The one where I'm a "single" mom...

Props to all the single mothers, the mothers who husbands travel all the time and the mothers who husbands don't help! I have a new appreciation for Josh. This single mom business is TOUGH!! I am completely beat and it's only Wednesday. Monday night dinner with my friends was rough. We waited almost and hour to be seated so by then Cooper was totally over the place and super cranky. When Josh and I are together, we take turns holding him if he gets that way, take turns eating, etc. Only Monday night, I felt so scattered brained and all over the place. Josh wasn't there to help. Luckily I have amazing friends who offered to help so I could eat. I know it doesn't sound THAT bad, but when you are used to tag teaming the kid, its rough. I come home that night and get Cooper ready for bed. As I take his diaper off and I am reaching for the wipes, I feel something wet and warm down the side of me... YUP he peed on me!! He hasn't done that since his first few weeks here. Coop and I are both out of our element.... He slept decent that night.

Last night, the neighbs invited me over for dinner, which was awesome because they have a 2 year old so the kids just entertain themselves. PLUS Cooper loves new toys. Anyway, I got in bed around 9, thinking YES finally some peace and quiet and some good sleep. Boy was I wrong. He woke up every 2-3hours screaming bloody murder. The first time, I let him scream it out since he just ate 2.5 hours ago. The 2:30 and 4:30 awakening I got up. Partly because I may have been sleep walking. Anyway my point is, this kids SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT, when Josh is here. He must wake wanting his Daddy!!! Thank goodness I am going home, so he can scream for his grandparents :)

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 26, 2011

    Pictures of all of you are wonderful! Love the flowers. Need to know where you were so can go there sometime. Have a great week in Jax! Hugs to all of you...love - aunt t.

    ReplyDelete