Friday, July 29, 2011

The one in Jacksonville, PART DEUX...

As our time in Jacksonville is ending, I am sad to go (I will miss the home cooked meals, something about others cooking that tastes so good!!), but also SUPER EXCITED because Josh comes home!!!! Thank goodness my two weeks without Josh went by quickly, more so this last week. THANK YOU FAMILY. Being without him this long is hard. Even when he lived in Pittsburgh we didn't go this long apart, crazy I KNOW!

I think Cooper got to see everyone, from Great Grandparents to cousins to friends to soon to be brides! We had Great Grandpa Butch over for dinner. Grandpa Carl (aka Butch) cooked beef stroganoff that was AMAZING.  We shared lots of good laughs and stories, mainly how similar Cooper and Josh are. I am in for T.R.O.U.B.L.E. We don't call my dad Grandpa Butch. He prefers Grandpa Carl, his real name, so Cooper doesn't get too confused. Check out this picture below.... It probably won't ever be captured this well, EVER again. Both grandpa's grinnin big!


Cooper had his first beach experience this trip. The real beach, we've been to the lake beach, but even if the park guard compares the lake beach to the real beach, it doesn't at all. Cooper was so content, loved the water, sand and just being outdoors. He picked up sand a fews times and not once put it is his mouth. SHOCKER since everything else he picks up goes in there.  He is going to really love the beach when he can walk and feel the sand squish between his toes... Josh and I, not so much. This time was easy since he just sat there. Next time we will be chasing him up and down the beach. I'll never forget what a lady told me while I was pregnant. She asked what I was having and I told her a boy. Her response was "Invest in a good pair of running shoes." If Cooper is anything like his dad, which thus far he has proven to be, I will need to take that advice as soon as I get back to Atlanta. My running shoes are getting old...



Stay tuned for Germany pictures! Maybe I can talk Josh into posting the next one! Have a great weekend! We are seeing cousin Dave also tomorrow. He is back from Iraq for a few weeks! The last time he saw Cooper was Christmas, boy has he changed!

LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment