Thursday, September 1, 2011

The one where we have been "Newlyweds" for 377 days...

I was logging on to an old wedding website to search for ideas for Kelly's wedding and was greeted with a CONGRATULATIONS Allison and Joshua, you have been Newlyweds for 377 days! So not only does it do a wedding day count down, it keeps on counting baby! I would like to check it in 20 years! Do you think it counts that high?


Speaking of Newlyweds, our anniversary cruise was AWESOME. Great family and friends joined us to celebrate.... and it was Josh's first cruise. He fell in love.... and not with me all over but with Carnival and the food and the drinks and the BLACKJACK table. That's right, you learn something new everyday I tell you. I didn't know he loved to gamble so much until this cruise. He didn't lose money like anything serious, but he totally was addicted. So addicted to leave the sunshine, beers, bikinis and open seas to go in a dark confined room with a bunch of men! Hurricane Irene was also making her way through the Atlantic parallel to us, our cruise was changed slightly. Instead of Nassau and Freeport we went to Key West and Freeport. How Ironic?? We went BACK to our honey spot unintentionally. I got to do things I wasn't able to last year, like drink a fruity alcoholic beverage at Fat Tuesday as well as ride a bike up and down Duval St. I think it is a sign. We are going to have to go to Key West every anniversary one way or another. So anyway, we were there just for the day scoping out all the bars and hot spots for when we return for Kelly's bachelorette partttaayyyy next year!! The cruise was so relaxing. We laid out in the sun every day with a drink in one hand. As you know we didn't take Cooper so we were extra relaxed and extra partied out when we returned home. Freeport is a dump! I don't even know why Carnival has a port there. When you pull up to the Island, nothing screams paradise. It is so industrial with cargo ships and boxes. It is UGLY. You have to drive 20 minutes to the nearest city which is about as big as our neighborhood to sit on a beach as big as my back yard. I mean there is nothing glamorous unless you stay at an all inclusive resort with a private beach. Everyone tries to sell you t-shirts, jewelry and braids. Guess who is the sucker to get her hair braided? That's right ME! I needed a sexy anniversary braid. I even got to pick out my own bead colors. Other than that, there is nothing to do there, unless you wait 30-45 minutes for a boat ride or something. Being on the cruise ship was by far the best time. We went dancing probably in every room inside and outside they had, tried to Karokee but were never picked and ate in every room! they had food 24 hrs. Josh and I acted like we had never been around food before. We would eat at the midnight buffet and then head to our room and order room service. No wonder we gained 5 lbs on the thing!! They had a gym there (or so we heard).... we never saw it. The 4 days went by WAAAYYYY to quickly. We are back on the grind at work and turning around to head back south again for the long weekend.









We are Delray Beach bound tomorrow at lunch. Mr. Cooper is staying with the grandparents one last weekend while we celebrate my birthday. The big 26, watch out!!! Erin lives down there. We have been promising her we would make it down there. Ben bribed us with his boat and fishing all weekend, so how could we say no?? haha Just kidding. I can't wait. It is both our first times in Delray, so I am sure we will have some fun stories :)

This is our LAST Florida vacation/ weekend trip for a while, possibly until Christmas. Thanksgiving us at our house again this year. The door is open!

Love!

Happy Labor Day!

1 comment:

  1. I just love reading your Blog, you should have been a writer.........LOL I love the way you word things!! love al the pic's as well.........and I'm excited to be getting cooper again this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete