Friday, August 17, 2012

The one with the “Uh-OH Reports”…

 

As I stated a few weeks ago, we think the terrible two’s are starting. Some people like to call it the terrific two’s however I beg to differ. While Cooper is getting cuter and cuter each day and growing like a weed, his attitude is changing drastically. As it should. He is becoming more and more vocal and expressing his feelings, not so much with his words but short tantrums. At school he expresses himself by biting other kids. I mean like chomping down on other little ones with no relief.  One of the reports said he pushed another kid out of the chair and bit his arm. I know all little kids go through this, or at least most do, you always think your kid is going to be the exception!! The later of the week he has had better behavior in school. AND he is eating most of his food at lunch which entails veggies. I swear they are lying to me, because I can’t get Cooper to eat veggies at home. Maybe one day…

Last weekend we made our way up to Boone, North Carolina for our friend’s wedding. It was GORGEOUS right in the mountains, perfect weather, beautiful wedding  and overall a great time. I know I just ranted a little about Coopers behavior, but I got to say, he was a little angel during the wedding ceremony. Not a peep, you would have never known a 2 year old was there. I learned something new about Cooper this weekend, he has rhythm and LOVES to dance. He was getting it on the dance floor and he isn’t shy with the ladies! He had a lil dancing partner too. It was so cute! Stealing ladies hearts already, it’s just a preview! It was a nice get away for us and a great change of scenery. I loved it up in the mountains, the smell of fresh cool air just puts everything at ease and peace. Maybe I can talk Josh into buying a cabin in the mountains in a few years and we can have family vacay’s! (after the boat!!) We always use to vacation in the mountains when I was growing up. My grandparents had a cabin in Franklin, NC and I remember loving it up there. I was a little bit of a tomboy, climbing trees, hiking through the woods, collecting rocks (Josh still laughs and me and my rock collection—true story) and building teepees outside. But hey I loved it. It would be cool for Cooper to share some of those same experiences (maybe not making teepees OR collecting rocks, I was a bit of a DORK). My main goal with him is to get him to love the outdoors. I don’t want a kid who plays video games all day long. So you know what?? We put away the Wii system and the PlayStation and wont introduce him to it for a LONG time…. Maybe on family game night or something but certainly not on a regular basis. The kid loves being outside anyway, I don’t want to ruin that.

Speaking of cabins and the mountains we are headed up to Pigeon Forge at the end of the month with the McCarty’s (plus us), the Elmore’s and the Herrmann’s. Josh’s dad and step mom rented a big ole cabin for the week- 3 story’s 4 bedrooms in the heart of the mountains. We are really really looking forward to this. It’s going to be a blast. Lots to do around that area and just the beauty of the Smokey Mountains is going to be awesome. PLUS we get to meet Adalynn for the first time. Niki and Brian’s new baby girl. Cooper will get to hang out with his favorite cousin Brooklyn for 7 days straight and will just love having another youngin around to cut up with. Both Josh and I (and I probably speak for all couples involved) we REALLY need this vacation too. We get so caught up in everyday life we forget to spend time with our families. I will definitely have TONS of pictures to post from that trip, so stay tuned.




The McCall's first dance <3


The view

I will try to post more updates on a regular basis, I know I haven’t been the best blogger these past few months. Have a great weekend and until next time.... LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment