Monday, August 20, 2012

The one with the anniversary....


Happy 2 year anniversary to us!! Wow, time has flown by. 2 years ago today I married my best friend on the most gorgeous afternoon. Well it wasn’t gorgeous until the wedding itself. Gosh, I remember looking out at the beach, getting ready for the biggest day of my life, pouring down rain and all I could do was cry. I was determined not to have an indoor wedding. Josh and I are both so outdoorsy that was the last thing I wanted. My wedding planner kept calling, “Allie we really need to make a decision, do you want to bring the ceremony inside”… I kept saying no, no, no- It’s going to be outside it HAS to be outside. As me and my bridesmaids made our way to the River House, it’s still raining, but I see blue skies… Our driver told me it was good luck to have rain on your wedding day because it washes away all your past and clears the path for your new life! You know what, I totally believe him. When we got there, the rain had stopped, the weather had cooled down (slightly, any relief is great in summer in Florida) and the intercostal water way was a smooth as glass. It made for a perfect ceremony and it truly was. There were lots and lots of happy tears. I remember one point in the ceremony there was silence, right before we prayed and you heard dozens of people in the crowd sniffle (including me and you know who else, JOSH!!) Josh was the one who started all the water works! Oh what a wonderful day, fun party, crazy dancing, delicious food and we are so blessed to have all our friends and family be apart of it!! I wish it didn’t all happen so fast. It was like I blinked my eyes and the night was over, the honey moon was over, Cooper was born and here we are 2 years later… holy cow. I need a remote to slow life down a little bit.


Also, want to shout out to my grandparents, Mamaw and Papa, who have been married 58 years today!! Happy Anniversary!!! We have a lot to learn from you two, you are an inspiration to us all. I just hope Josh and I are as blessed with as many years and some.

I hope everyone has a blessed day and week.

LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment