Monday, April 21, 2014

The one where we are saved...

As Josh and I are deepen our relationship with Christ, I felt the urge to post this to facebook on Good Friday, from Isaiah, Chapter 53, "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us Peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." I feel like I am finally understanding and having the deep faith of what all these "holidays" are REALLY about. And it could be that I am not longer a kid and expecting the gifts. Its not all about the candy, egg hunts and presents, Its about taking time, remembering and counting your blessings and giving thanks to the big Man upstairs. Its about relinquishing control and having the faith and understanding that we can not control what doors close behind us and open before us and we may never know exactly why, but we do know the He does not close a door without opening another. We get so wrapped up in the gift giving (especially at Christmas) that we forget while we are all stuffing our bellies until we are blue in the face. I am totally guilty, guilty yesterday on Easter Sunday- but I am comforted in knowing Him and thanking Jesus for all of you in my life, my beautiful family, my healthy kids and of course, my ever so handsome and smart hubs.

I took lots of pictures yesterday, its not often both kids are cleaned and with clothes on the right way (I dressed them! DUH). Cooper is into dressing himself these days, which means shoes are on the wrong feet, shorts are hit or miss being on right and the shirt is typically on backwards. Not too mention he likes his gym shorts with a polo. TOO FUNNY. I couldn't just pick just one picture of my sweet babies!!! Addison LOVES the camera. 





Our Easter was spent at Aunt Kelly's. It was wonderful, the whole family (in Jax) made it out there. It just so peaceful and enjoyable at her house. Its obviously the host and hostess but the river may have something to do with it too. The water is calming. At least to me. The kids did the typical Easter Egg hunt. Cooper crushed it. We have more candy than we know what to do with. Now for Josh, Lent is over, so at least he can FINALLY indulge. As for me, I will be making my way through the Jimmy John's drive thru one day this week. I gave up sandwiches for Lent. That was very hard, but it's supposed to be right? I don't know that I have ever salivated over grilled cheese or PB&J but these last several weeks, I have. So praise Jesus and thank you, I can eat my beloved Jimmy Johns again! A.MAZING!!!! MORE great pics.... enjoy









LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment