Saturday, April 14, 2012

The one with the independent baby....

Check this cute lil video out... I have been working with Cooper everyday using a spoon or a fork. It looks like he is FINALLY starting to get it. It may not be pretty but its so darn cute! Soon he won't need his momma to help he eat.



He is doing good in school. I picked him up yesterday and he was wearing a cute girly back pack, running around the class room. It was soo funny. Then a cried when I took it off!! He isn't a big lunch eater at school. He really loves the snacks.... as for the chicken casserole with the "hidden" peas and carrots- not so much. When I was growing up, I loved Kid Kuisines, cheese quesadillas and ravioli. My mom just made sure I popped in a Flintstones vitamin daily, so I think I am going to take up the same motto. Look at me now, I eat everything!! Last night I sat there and tried to feed him green beans. He totally wasn't having it. Screaming and crying until he couldn't breathe. I sat there the whole time, calm. Each time he took a small breather I would try to feed him again. He would tell me NO. He didn't even like the green beans sitting on his plate. So I gave in after 15 minutes of screaming and gave him chicken nuggets!! I thought if I waited long enough he might actually eat the green beans, but not so much. It isn't really a battle I want to fight. He obviously isn't malnourished, so for the time being if my kid only wants chicken nuggets and fruit, so be it :)  OH YEA, we got his school pictures this week!!! So cute! I can't wait for you all to see. I will post them soon.

So it is 8:30 Saturday morning, Josh is playing golf with Allan and Cooper is still in bed. We are so blessed to have a child who actually enjoys sleeping or at least lays in his crib until he hears someone up. It is nice to enjoy a cup of coffee in peace and quiet! All you mommas out there KNOW what I am talking about!!! After his bath last night, I could totally tell he was tired. I asked him if he wanted to go "Night Night" and he grabbed his bear off the floor and headed straight for his crib and put his hands up. I pinched my self to make sure I wasn't dreaming!!! I put him in bed and not a peep. I usually NEVER hear anything from him once he goes to sleep. We are truly blessed with an angel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment