Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The one with Hank...

We had a great weekend and I am already ready for another one. Don’t you think that we should work Saturday and Sunday and have off Monday thru Friday??? I hate spending so much time away from my family, but such as life. Anyway, the weekend was filled with lots of love and family. My grandparents came to visit late last week for the weekend. They really got to spend some quality time with Cooper which I think they had been lacking (and spending time with me and Josh). They got to “experience” the green egg and loved every bit of it. Sunday, my dad came in town for the night. He too, got some of the EGG. Josh smoked some of the best ribs I have ever had, literally. My mouth is watering thinking of them. AMAZING. I am thinking we need to open up a BBQ restaurant. With our families good home southern style cookin recipes and Josh’s grill skills, it would be a hit. Now I just need to learn how to cook those recipes!

Mamaw and Papa <3

Thank you Mamaw and Papa!!

delishousness


The main event of the weekend took place at the Animal Shelter, where we found and adopted a cat, Hank (formally known as Yogi). He is the newest addition to the family. Hank is about 6 months old. Cooper just loves him. Since we got him at a shelter he is a little skittish especially when a toddler is running towards him. LOL. Cooper runs around with the feathered bell toy looking for “ki-ki”, which in Coopers language is Kitty Cat. He was so excited when we got home yesterday from school to find the ki-ki. Hank is doing great thus far. He already knows where is litter box is, where his food is and loves being around all of us. I hear him purr all the time. He is a feisty little one at night too. I know they say cats are nocturnal, but we are going to need to get this one trained to sleep when we sleep!!
Hanky Pants
We had Kelly and Jason’s wedding, Easter weekend. It was a total success: gorgeous bride, amazing weather, beautiful ceremony and rocking reception! We had a blast. The whole day was so emotional, when it’s one of your best friends you can’t help but feel this over whelming happiness. We’ve known each other since we were kids. So seeing her marry the man of her dreams and the man she always hoped she would find brought tears to my eyes all day. I was even crying when I was walking down the aisle as a bridesmaid. Crazy, I know, but the waterworks were flowing!! I think we (all the bridesmaids) felt the same. She was such a stunning bride! I took a picture off Facebook the her photographer posted: West House Photography, Krystal really did a fanatic job!!!

West House Photography

PhotoBooth Bridesmaids
I have a few photos from the weekend….

Cool Cat




LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment