Sunday, October 23, 2011

The one where we do what we should have done....

We made a few big decisions this week.... Since our one year home owner warranty is coming up, we had the builder come fix a few things.  While his worker bees were here, we had a them come back and give us an estimate on adding stairs to the deck. We should have done it a year ago, but they nickle and dime you for everything for upgrades and need cash up front. So while we had or top upgrades picked out, stairs weren't one of them..... SO We are getting them on Tuesday!! Just in time for Coopers birthday and just in time for Thanksgiving! Which means we don't have to walk through the basement/ man cave in order to play cornhole or have a bonfire! Ok, so maybe I exaggerated a little when I said a few big decisions, because my second project is painting Cooper's room. I had all intentions of doing this last November before his due date in December.... and well, you know how that turned out. So while most mothers have their child's room cute, painted and decorated before their  child is born, I am doing all this for his first birthday!  I finished painting and sewed his curtrains... not to mention deep cleaned...

The curtains are orange, blue and green, perfect for a new gator fan.
Cooper is almost running. He is walking everywhere and really gaining speed. He is about ready to hang with the boys in the neighborhood. He is quiet a pro yet, thank goodness for that diaper, it adds a little cushion to the plop fall. Not only is he walking, but he is able to stand up on his own. That's right, no help from the couch, tables or whatever he can get his hands on although those methods are easier for him. I am thinking by next weekend he will have 6 teeth! He has another bottom one coming in, so that will make 4 down there. He is starting to use them too (mainly to bit me) but to chew his food. At first I thought he was trying to spit his food out, but he had me fooled. I can't wait for his birthday party next weekend!! He is such a big boy!

Our Nanny gave her 2 weeks this past Monday. I know it was a hard decision for her because it really does seem like she connects with Cooper. And I know Cooper looks forward to M,W, F because he has a Friend to play with, but she is moving on to a full time position. So we contemplated getting another Nanny, but ya know what? He will be one year old, his mind is fresh and eager to learn, he needs more interaction and more of a schedule, so we decided on day care. I have already toured the KidsRKids daycare. It seems great. I went into his classroom, met the teacher and the 4 other kids in the room, set Cooper down and he bolted for the other kids and toys. I think he forgot I was there. I even left the room to get a run down on the rest of the school and he did great. I think this will be a great move for him. Breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks are included in the tuition. So this is really going to work with our schedule. He will still be going M, W, F. He will still get mommy and daddy more than daycare.

Coop's new toy

Just like Daddy!

LOVE

2 comments:

  1. Cooper is growing way to fast !!!! He is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such an awesome job on Cooper Room love...love it. Wow Daddy and Cooper fixing to mow the yard so sweet. He's getting so big and becoming his own little person!!!!

    ReplyDelete