Thursday, October 6, 2011

The one where I give in...

Ok, so many of you know that I wanted to grow Cooper's hair out. This is going to be the only time in his life where I have a say in the way he looks. And I love Kate Hudson and her son Ryder looked so adorable with long blond locks....PLUS if I were to cut his hair he would look like a little boy rather than a baby boy..... BUT I was looking at him today, he was smiling back at me and I couldn't see those baby blues. His curly cues got in the way of his handsome eyes. So I sent Josh a message saying lets get his hair cut! I think I could sense his excitement because he said lets go tonight. Lets keep in mind, Josh flies home from San Diego today and will get home around 6:00. Josh has been a big advocate for getting Coops hair cut, me not so much. So I googled around. The little kid cut places are primarily for little girls where they can get glitter and feathers, blah blah blah. So my last result was great clips. I called and simply asked "Can you cut a toddlers hair"? She said what? So I said it again... and again. When she finally understood what I wanted, She said... "ummmm well we try". So in that instant I knew Josh and I would be cutting his hair. And that is what we did.....


Yay Daddy is home!!!!
Before....


ahhhhh so much hair!!! 

After.....





LOVE

4 comments:

  1. Well I think yall did a great job and he looks so handsome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. We have a mutual friend-Corie. I was just randomly looking at her blog and clicked on this and read this rather amusing story of your son and his hair cut. I have a 5 year old boy and believe me I know how frustrating it is to get their hair cut. But I have an AMAZING lady. There was a place called Sharkeys cuts for kids. it was totally geared for kids boys and girls. Well they had to close and we were devastated but Devin and I remained in touch. I have followed her every where. She has cut my sons hair since day 1. We let another try one time and never again. Id highly recommend her she has 3 young boys herself and possesses some kind of magic over little boys. I sent Sona Dolsenhe to him with her 22 month old and she came back with the biggest smile. 904-859-0335 Sorry again for randomly posting. Hope you find someone you love. Your baby boy is adorable.
    -Cindy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't be sorry!! I love that you are reading. It is good to know that I am not the only one out there when it comes to parenting :) We live in Atlanta now. Our neighbors cut their boys hair. so I was like HEY I can do that too. It isn't perfect by any means... but my Dad always says, the difference between a good hair cut and a bad is 2 weeks.... so I'll give it another week!!!

    Thanks for reading Ciny

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I thought was so Funny about this is when I called you and asked how he did for the lady that cut his hair and you laughed and said ummm I cut his hair and Josh helped....I was like Really you cut his hair...Well you did one hell of a Job, he looks a such a big boy now...

    ReplyDelete