Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The one with our resolution...


This year, we made resolutions like millions of others, to stay fit and work out. But for us, I hope its a life style change. We are already into March and I can tell you we have stuck to our new lifestyle. The key is having someone to work out with to hold you accountable AND just pull the trigger and sign up for races, so you have no choice!

A few weekends ago we ran the Gate River Run, 15K. That's just over 9 miles. We were so excited that it was finally race day. Race days are FUN! Especially this race.... thousands of spectators cheering you on, even more people running and motivating you- all for the "free t-shirt" and "free beer".  The spectators hand out everything from mimosas, to sliced oranges, hot dogs, beer to Popsicles. And trust me, we indulged on it all. Nothing like a little spike in energy after a mimosa shot! However, despite our 3 months of training, we didn't run as fast as we would have liked. But the important thing is we finished and we had fun doing it. It will just give us motivation next year, Run Forrest Run.

So on to the next race, which is an easy one- a Wine and Chocolate 5K. It brings a whole new meaning to will run for wine, yes please! In May, we are doing something we haven't done before- a sprint triathlon!! We will be swimming .25 of a mile, biking 15 miles and running 3 miles. Did I mention the swimming is in the Atlantic and great whites have been tagged out in those waters!!? If that doesn't get me moving faster, I don't know what will. I'm totally nervous about the swimming. I can swim, but I am not swimmer- like Josh. That's one of his strong suits. So I need the weather to warm up so I can start to practice!

The goal by October/ November time is to do another 1/2 marathon. We were into running before kids so I am hoping to keep this momentum going... only took about 5 years to get back in it!

Here are some fun race day pictures!!









LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment