Monday, March 4, 2013

The one with Miss Addison Kate...

Our sweet baby girl has arrived!!! Addison Kate McCarty is more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. She's truly an angel. She was born Friday, February 22, 2013 at 9:21am. That morning was flawless. The doctors were right on time, walking me back to the OR at 9am.... and our lives officially changed, for the better!

Headed to the hospital at 6:30am
The morning at Baptist South, Jacksonville
All hooked up and ready to rock
Addison was born at 9:21am, 7lbs 11oz and 21 inches long. As the doctor was pulling her out, she said, we have a "chunky baby, wow she's a chunky monkey". I was thinking geeze, maybe she is like 10lbs, since I did gain 40!!! But to my surprise she was average. Lots of hair. She came out screaming. I remember holding my breath, waiting for that cry. Once I heard it, I started crying. I think Josh was crying too, but it was hard to tell since I had him on camera duty. He pretty much watched the whole C-section (YUCK!). The doctor was giving me a play by play of her actions, which totally made me more nervous and nauseous than I already was. But I knew what was going on every step of the way, I think I was only on the operating table for like 30 minutes. The doctors let Josh do something really awesome, something that was not offered in Atlanta when we had Cooper. He got to cut the umbilical cord. It was tough, he described it as cutting through an old stale hotdog that had been sitting out.... Anyway, recovery went good for me. I had the spinal tap, which wears off in 3 hours so I was getting feeling back pretty quickly. Before I knew it, it was time for visitors to start arriving... In case you were curious, Cooper was at home with Papa Jeff and Mar. They drove in town from Ohio to be with Cooper. Cooper did great with them and came up to the hospital both Friday and Saturday. I remember Friday he ran in the hospital room. He was so excited to see me and Josh. It melted my heart.

The chunky monkey







Such a proud Daddy

perfect princess
     
ready to go home

Cooper has been the BEST big brother. It is doing even better than we expected. He's always wanting to know where "the baby" is. He put his stepping stool right next to her changing station so he can help with changing her diapers. He likes to hold the bottle and often asks to hold her. He gives her lots of kisses and is pretty gentle when she is around. He is somewhat more clingy to both Josh and I, but nothing that we didn't expect. But he's not a brat about it. I think he truly realizes Addison is his baby sister and she's staying!

Cooper has big really big into coloring. I've been working on the colors with him and teaching him how to color. I guess I never mentioned that he should only color on paper. I stepped out for a minute and here is his master piece....



And finally, I've posted one of these before, but it's not often that 4 McCarty generations are in a room together. How cool, huh!?!

LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment