Thursday, August 11, 2016

The one with our Kindergartner...

I just sent Cooper off to Kindergarten on the SCHOOL BUS!!!! Yes, you read that right, my more conservative child wanted to ride the school bus. He was up super early this morning, scarfed down breakfast, was dressed and ready to go with 20 minutes to spare. 20 minutes to spare after I took 100 pictures. We waited in the garage until it was acceptable to walk to the bus stop, where he is surrounded by girls! Josh told him to make sure he sits next to the pretty ones. ha! He gave me one quick kiss and off he was. I'm not the type of person who typically gets emotional on these kind of days, in fact I am usually excited for my kids and for myself (a little peace and quiet never hurt anyone). But as I watched him walk up the bus stairs with that huge grin on his face and not turning back, I found myself with that knot in my throat, telling myself- Hold back those tears Allie. My once "premie" baby who barley filled my arms when I held him was now walking onto that school bus and embarking the best journey of his life! All I can think about is where has the time gone? Some days may seem to linger, but these weeks, months and years FLY. As Kenny Chesney says, Don't Blink.








LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment